M.O.S.E.S. Community Organizer Position Open
Organization Name: Metropolitan Organizing Strategy Enabling Strength (MOSES)
Location: Metropolitan Detroit
Job Terms: Full Time
Salary: Depending on experience, between $35,000 and $40,000 annually.
Organization Description: Metropolitan Organizing Strategy Enabling Strength (MOSES)
MOSES is an interfaith, multiracial, congregation-centered community organization that addresses issues through a process of relationship building, training and leadership development and direct action. MOSES congregations cooperate as core teams, action clusters, a metropolitan organization, and in affiliation with other congregation-centered community organizations within the Gamaliel Foundation. MOSES’ goal is to strengthen member congregations and institutions to build powerful coalitions that address local community issues and bring about social and systemic change.
- Metropolitan Community Organizer is responsible for recruiting, maintaining relationships with, and integrating organizations into MOSES anddesigning and implementing campaigns and actions with local members.
- Organize and facilitate efforts to build and strengthen our coalition of communityfaith-based organization to expand membership and programs.
- Recruit new congregations &organizations and maintain relationships with members.
- Identify individuals for national leaderships training and development
- Conduct power analysis for collaborate local and regional organizations to build the strength of MOSES members working on regional and statewide issues.
- Assist in the development of successful local and state campaign to strengthen and broaden our base, and develop leadership.
- Train at the local and national level
- Raise significant money for the organization.
- Carry out a campaign as lead staff for a metro-wide issue taskforce, including multiple smaller actions and a major action of 500+ people.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (4 yrs. college) or Community Organizing Experience: At least 3 years
- Skills: Community organizing experience with grassroots groups and low-income people
Ability to work with diverse groups of people from diverse ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds
- Experience working with coalitions and other organizations on successful issue campaigns
- Strong commitment to social justice and social change
- Some fundraising experience
- Good communication, writing and administrative skills
- Experience developing leaders and conduct leadership training
- Willing to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Travel around the state and some nationwide travel is required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and internet navigation
Jobs for All: Petition